ESF booklets, films and good practice guides
- ESF booklets 2007-2013 programme
- ESF films 2007-2013 programme
- ESF films 2014-2020 programme
- ESF Good practice guides 2007-2013 programme
ESF booklets 2007-2013 programme
Improving people’s lives
This booklet summarises progress and achievements in the delivery of the 2007-2013 ESF programme in England. It includes details of ESF priorities for the second phase of the programme plus participant case studies from across the country.
- 2012 edition – improving people’s lives (1.2MB)
- 2011 edition – improving people’s lives (1.2MB)
- 2010 edition – improving people’s lives (778KB)
- 2009 edition – Improving people’s lives booklet (National Archives)
European Commission booklets
The European Commission has published a range of documents about the role and activities of ESF across Europe. View the booklets, comic books, fact sheets and leaflets here.
ESF films 2007-2013 programme
A collection of filmed interviews held with practitioners, policy-makers and participants (speaking of their ESF activities and achievements) can be found on ESF-Works website.
ESF and You
A film telling the stories of ESF participants and their achievements can be found on the ESF-Works website.
European ESF Commission films
A range of films and photographs of ESF activity and participant stories from across Europe can be viewed on the Europa website.
ESF films 2014-2020 programme
The European Commission has produced two films about 2014-2020 EU Cohesion Policy:
- a three minute film explains the draft legislative package that will frame cohesion policy for 2014-2020. It shows how the new proposals are designed to reinforce the strategic dimension of the policy and to ensure that EU investment is targeted on Europe's long-term goals for growth and jobs ("Europe 2020").
- EU Cohesion Policy 2014-2020: legislative proposals – film (European Commission website)
- a six minute film provides an overall view of the European Union’s cohesion policy, real results it has helped achieve in the field and its future prospects.
- Fifth Report on Economic, Social and Territorial Cohesion – film (European Commission website)
ESF good practice guides 2007-2013 programme
- Gender Equality Good Practice Guide – 2012 (984KB)
- ESF Projects Successfully engaging with the Over-50s (984KB) (TAEN website)
Please note that the following guides were prepared at the beginning of the current ESF programme period (2007). These are still relevant to the second half of the ESF programme although it should be noted that the Equality Act 2010 has replaced the equality legislation referred to in these documents.
- Helping disabled people back to work – Good Practice Guide (699KB)
- Ethnic Minority Communities – Equality and Diversity Good Practice Guide (333KB)
- Age – Equality and Diversity Good Practice Guide (446KB)
Further information on the Equality Act 2010 is available at: