Local authority staff
This page contains links to information on the DWP website and other relevant websites for people working in local authorities.
- Housing Benefit – Information for local authorities guidance and good practice on Housing Benefit (HB) – including the Local Housing Allowance (LHA) arrangements – and Council Tax Benefit (CTB). Other HB practitioners, advisers and landlords should also find the site useful.
- Universal Credit – latest news about the new Universal Credit for staff in local authorities.
- Social Fund reform – latest news and updates for staff in local authorities
- Benefit cap – latest news and updates for staff in local authorities
- Statistics relevant to local government
- Supporting young benefit claimants – Benefit Liaison Guidance
Guidance is for local authority staff who deliver services for young benefit claimants.
- City Strategy information about the 15 local pathfinders that aim to tackle worklessness in the most disadvantaged communities across the UK.
info4local – get central government information
Use info4local to get the latest information from DWP and other government departments and agencies.
Sign up for free email alerts about new DWP consultations, policy documents, events and research. Alerts also include regular items, such as:
Choose the subjects and regions you are interested in. Register for info4local email alerts