How we deliver
The Commercial Directorate services are delivered by the three Commercial Directorate divisions as follows.
- implementing effective and efficient sourcing, demand management and end-to-end procurement strategies which deliver increasing reductions in the Department's expenditure;
- working across Government and in partnership with suppliers to actively seek out and deliver innovative and value for money solutions, whilst sharing best practice with others;
- developing collaborative relationships between sourcing teams and customers across the DWP businesses, delivering a strong customer focus throughout the sourcing process;
- developing the DWP strategy for approaching new and emerging markets to give best value for money;
- whole life management of established market categories and contracts within those categories;
- maintaining category strategies defining how DWP should approach each market to give best value for money;
- continually identi fying and implementing savings opportunities across categories with internal business units ;
- supporting Demand Management by directing customer spend through the most appropriate commercial channel;
- acting as lead relationship owner for strategic suppliers (lead Supplier Relationship Management) including measurement and management of supplier performance.
- providing DWP wide commercial strategy and policy;
- delivering high quality commercial intelligence to commercial customers;
- providing commercial assurance;
- ensuring continuous improvement of commercial functions by reviewing and embedding new processes, tools and techniques; and
- enabling the continuous improvement of procurement professionals within DWP.