In response to the challenge of youth unemployment the Government announced a Youth Contract to help young unemployed people in November 2011. The Youth Contract, which launched in April 2012, provides new opportunities for 18-24 year olds, including work experience and sector-based work academy placements and adviser support in Jobcentres.
It also marks a substantial increase in the support and help available to young people through the Work Programme, Jobcentre Plus and sector-based work academies.
Are you aged 18-24 and want to know more about sector-based work academies, work experience or the wage incentive?' If you want to talk to someone about Youth Contract call:
- 0845 601 2001 (option 2)
- textphone 0845 601 2002 for people with speech or hearing impairments
Real life stories
Real examples of how the Work Programme, work experience and wage incentives are helping young people into work.
Supporting the Youth Contract could benefit your business in many ways including financially. A wage incentive may be available if you take on a young person through Jobcentre Plus or the Work Programme.
Youth contract key initiatives:
- wage incentives
- work experience
- sector-based work academies
- Apprenticeship Wage Incentives (in England)
- Additional support for disengaged 16 to 17 year olds
- Frequently asked questions
- Employer factsheets
Youth Contract – follow us
This page will keep you updated with all the information you need about the Youth Contract.
Follow us on Twitter – #youthcontract
Business backs Youth Contract
On 5 January 2012 Deputy Prime Minister, Nick Clegg and Minister for Employment, Chris Grayling met businesses who have already pledged their support for the Youth contract to listen to their views.
- Business backs Youth Contract – key themes for employers
- Press release – Business leaders back youth contract (Deputy Prime Minister website)
- Letter to companies from Nick Clegg and Chris Grayling – Youth Contract (13/02/12) (76KB)
- Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise event – 8 February 2012 (90KB)
Please let us know how helpful you have found this site in finding the information you need. Send your feedback to: email@example.com